Saturday, April 23, 2011

The See N' Say, Creating Gambling Addictions Since 1965

With the invention of technology there are a number of things that are threatening the American family today. The television, radio, and the internets are obvious inventions to blame on the destruction of good old fashion America values. However there is a toy much older than these that may pose just as big of a threat to our children. Yes that’s right, the SEE N’ SAY creating young gambling addictions since 1965.

You remember this toy, you pull the lever and a giant arrow spins around until it finally lands on an animal; and the cow says MOOOO. We all probably had these as kids and we of course had our favorite animals. Since MATTEL decided not to include ELEPHANTS I always rooted for the frog. I cheered and cheered to hear the FROG SAY RIBBIT RIBBIT. Then sixteen short years latter ended up bankrupt on the cold streets of Las Vegas; digging quarters out of the gutters just for another chance to play the slots.

You may ask me, Well you certainly don’t blame the SEE N’ SAY, do you? OF COURSE I DO!!! The See N’ Say is what taught me to pull a lever and cheer for a result that I CAN’T CONTROL. SOUNDS AN AWEFUL LOT LIKE A SLOT MACHINE TO ME! I pull the lever and cheer and cheer for those three delicious cherries to fill my screen.

That’s right let your kids pull that See N’ Say lever. Just remember that you have been warned and when your kid is begging for change in Atlantic City; remember that THE ELEPHANT SAYS, TOLD YOU SO!

No comments:

Post a Comment